Litho-BlackTM coating is applied as a wafer level patternable light absorbing overcoat on wafers and serves to suppress stray light and optical cross-talk while accurately delineating detector element geometry.
- Very low reflectivity
- Tailorable electrical resistivity – conductor or insulator
- Etching or lift-off compatible
- 3 micron feature sizes
- Virtually any substrate – silicon, glass, etc.
- Extremely low outgassing
- No particulation
- Compatibility with lithographic process chemicals (details upon request)
- Process temperature < 180 deg C
Litho-BlackTM coating combines very high absorptance in the UV, VIS and IR wavelength bands and compatibility with photolithographic processing.
Composed exclusively of non-ferrous metals and non-ferrous metal oxides, Litho-BlackTM is completely inorganic and does do not incorporate any organic materials or other chemicals and no such materials are used in the generation of the coatings.
1 – IR Pyroelectric Detector Array Wafers:
- More IR absorbed
- More heat into pyro-layer
- Higher detector sensitivity
2 – 1024 Element Uncooled Linear Array Wafer:
- Electrically insulating, low reflective coating covering the entire surface; leaving accurately sized windows over the elements
- Generates uniform element width for uniform element response by covering spare edges.
- Non-sensitive areas covered with low reflectivity coating for stray light suppression.